A Convention in Chicago
Taylor is a Convention Chair for his organization and oversees setting up transportation for an upcoming convention. There will be a total of 5,000 people in attendance, and Taylor needs the shuttle service to transport them between McCormick Place in Chicago and local Chicago hotels where the attendees are staying. The hotels include Palmer House Hilton, Hyatt Regency Chicago, and Hilton Chicago.
For this convention, Taylor needs Infinity Transportation to provide buses for 3 consecutive days in August, shuttling from 7 am to 2 pm each day. Due to the number of guests, Infinity Transportation will provide a large number of 57-passenger buses, with a $1,175 cost per bus for 7 hours of service.
Depending on the number of buses that Taylor needs each day, the event could be around $35,250.00, including driver gratuity, fuel, and tolls.
The Ideal 57-Passenger Buses for Conventions
For this large convention, multiple 57-passenger buses are best to transport guests to and from the convention to their hotels.
As the convention day approached, Taylor realized that he required one more bus to ensure all guests could safely be transported. Thankfully, Infinity Transportation was able to pull together one more bus and driver to accommodate his needs, ensuring no guests had to find alternate means of transportation.
Due to morning traffic, the bus driver did end up driving the guests for longer than anticipated, spending more time driving than initially planned, however, everyone still arrived on time. For next year, the drivers recommended beginning the day’s travels earlier.
A 3-Day Success with Infinity Transportation
After a full three days of convention events, Taylor ended the event with many happy attendees, with all transportation and convention-related needs running smoothly.
- Satisfaction: Taylor ended the three-day convention incredibly pleased with Infinity Transportation’s services. Not only were they on-time, but the team was quick to provide solutions to ensure that every guest had ample transportation accommodations.
- Estimate: Due to the last minute addition of another passenger bus, the estimate was a bit lower than the final cost. However, as this was due to additional guests on Taylor’s end, the client understood and was pleased with Infinity Transportation’s fast-acting response to accommodate the new needs.
- Passengers: Ultimately, Infinity Transportation was responsible for transporting 2,000 guests to and from the convention.
- Time Spent: With three days of 7-hour service, plus traffic delays, the drivers spent a total time of 27 hours transporting guests.
- Special Notes: Since many guests were from out of town, drivers were proud to point out special Chicago monuments along the way, giving the attendees a taste of Chicago amidst the convention event.
Are You Ready to Make a Reservation for Your Next Convention Today?
Take the stress out of transportation for your next convention. With numerous subtle solutions and a keen understanding of Chicago, our team is proud to offer our transportation services for your next Chicago convention. Contact us today to book your next event.